Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Katharine Hepburn Exhibit

Fullscreen capture 232009 92614 PM
I am such a huge fan of the Great Kate.  I mean, I am one fan who actually spells her name right (it’s with a “tharine” FYI). I admire her personality and her philosophy to life…and you know, her movies are fun. I was so disappointed that I didn’t get to at least send her fan mail before her death in 2003.

They are having an exhibit at the gorgeous seaside town of Old Saybrook, Connecticut. Isn’t that amazing? I so have to make a pilgrimage. Some people have Dollywood, I have Kathawood (okay, I didn’t really make an effort with the name composite there).

They open on Summer 2009, you check them out.  Don’t forget to pack a pair of trousers and a Bryn Mawr accent. You all think it would be appropriate to go around saying “So whehr do you sum-meh?” Or go around reciting “The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower, suitable to any occasion. I carried them on my wedding day…”

More details at their website:
http://www.katharinehepburntheater.org

No comments: