Sunday, January 18, 2009

Doubt the movie

 

Recently Updated14

I find myself slightly disappointed by the lack of nominations for this movie.  Granted, it has already won a Pulitzer and a Tony.  I am just such a big fan of John Patrick Shanley.

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Amy Adams says she fought for the role of the wide-eyed Sister James.  Apparently, another actress was attached to the project and she had to trick Shanley into hiring her by arranging a fake lunch.

NYmag later reported at the release of the film that Natalie Portman had turned down the Sister James role because she couldn’t quite grasp the concept of celibacy.

So the writer/director had originally visualized Portman in the role…interesting. Could you just imagine the type of movie this could have been with Natalie?

I loved Amy in Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day. Yet I find her to be a fairly dull personality.  In her interviews, she makes me want to pull off that fake red hair of hers (she dyed it red in order to stand out of Hollywood so she can be identified as kooky.)

Recently Updated15

No comments: